Bandari Whip Muhoroni to Enter GOtv Shield Finals

Bandari FC have qualified for their first ever GOtv Shield final after thumping Muhoroni Youth 4-1 in their semifinal encounter played at the Nyayo Stadium on Sunday (Nov. 15).

The Dockers were 1-0 up at the half time break courtesy of Shariff Mohammed’s eighth minute header. Musa Mudde made 2-0, setting the stage for David King’atua who netted twice after the interval to give Twahir Muhiddin’s side a deserved win. The far-traveling Muhoroni got their consolation goal through substitute Edmond Murai.

The match, which was shifted to the Nyayo Stadium at the last minute after Bandari allegedly refused to travel to Muhoroni, got off to a fine start for the Dockers who looked the better side early on piling pressure on their hosts.

Shariff opener

Antony Kimani was the first man to threaten in the game, his third minute effort sailing over Faruk Shikalo’s post before the keeper superbly kept out Shaban Kenga’s 6th minute pile driver from just outside the penalty area.

Muhoroni were finding it hard to deal with their pacy visitors and they were made to pay eight minutes into the match, Shariff heading home a corner.

Wellington Ochieng who was the hero in their 3-2 win over Nzoia United in the semifinals almost drew level immediately but couldn’t keep his header down, while Mudde found himself at the right place at the right time, clearing off the line after

Mude was then forced to clear off his line as Muhoroni continued to threaten. On the other end, George Abege, the scorer of the solitary goal against Ulinzi in the quarters, shot over from close range.

Ochomo misses

Duncan Otewa and King’atua both got close as the Dockers wrestled back control. Muhoroni got two clear chances to pull level but Wilson Obungu made a superb block to deny George Mandela before David Gateri also cleared off the line a certain goal from Wycliffe Ochomo who would earn a yellow card at half time whistle.

Bandari turned on the style after the interval and doubled their lead seven minutes after the interval, Mude’s effort being deflected into the back of Shikalo’s net. 

Kin’gatua made it 3-0 just three minutes later after Shikalo’s parried save came his way, the midfielder rifling home into an empty net. He scored his second of the match in the 80th minute after another sweeping move that left Muho in sixes and sevens. 

Murai consolation

Murai ensured his side exit the competition with a goal late on.

Bandari now face a long wait to know their opponents in the final. Nakumatt booked their spot in the semis after a 3-1 win over Sony Sugar on post-match penalties. They will play the winner between Gor Mahia and Administration Police.

Follow us on Twitter: @Four4TwoMedia 



Leave a Reply