JA Teline V - шаблон joomla Форекс
21
Sat, Oct

Pin It

After conquering Botswana and qualifying to the next round of 2016 Rio Olympics qualifiers, Kenya women national team are ready to bring down their next Southern Africa opponent.

Harambee Starlets progressed to the third round after a late Dorcas Sikobe strike helped them beat a resilient Botswana side 1-0 (2-2 aggregate) and qualify on away goals having lost 1-2 in Gaborone.

The win secured David Ouma’s side a clash with South Africa’s Banyana Banyana who eased to the next round with a 5-0 second leg pounding of Gabon at the Dobsonville Stadium to complete an 8-2 aggregate win. Jermaine Seoposenwe netted a brace while Amanda Dlamini, Sanah Mollo and Refiloe Jane scored a goal each.

The sight of such a high score line would demoralize any opponent but not Ouma who is confident that his Harambee Starlets are good enough to battle any side, Banyana notwithstanding.

“Banyana qualified with a huge aggregate win which shows they are a good side,” he noted. “As we prepare for that match, I want my players to remain positive and work hard,” he said.

The Starlets had been beaten 2-1 in the first leg played at Lobaste Sports Complex, Gaborone, a week ago. Mary Kinuthia’s late consolation goal gave Kenya hope ahead of the return leg.

“It was the same script rewritten again. The ladies knew an early goal in our home game was key but despite not achieving that, they kept raiding their opponents till the end,” the manager said.

The third round fixtures will be played on 17-19 July 2015 with the return legs set for 31 July-August 2.

Meanwhile Football Kenya Federation president Sam Nyamweya has revealed that the Harambee Starlets will start earning the same amount of allowances as their male equivalents while on international assignments.

“From now onwards, you will get the same amount the men’s team get while on international duty. What (Victor) Wanyama gets is what you shall be entitled to,” said Nyamweya after returning from the FIFA Congress which culminated into the elections, won by incumbent Sepp Blatter. 

 

Amos

Comment

Pin It

The FIFA Presidential elections which were set to take place on Friday will go on as planned despite the arrest of seven officials on suspicion of being involved in corruption.

 

The world of football Wednesday woke up to the shocking news that seven of the most powerful officials within the International Football Federation, among them FIFA Vice-President Jeffrey Webb, had been rounded up by Swiss Police after the US Department of Justice issued a 47-count indictment charging 14 defendants (including five sports media and promotion executives) with racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering conspiracies in a 24-year scheme.

 

The seven arrested were Webb, Eduardo Li (Costa Rica), Julio Rocha (Nicaragua), Costas Takkas (Cayman Islands), Eugenio Figueredo (Uruguay), Rafael Esquivel (Venezuela) and Jose Maria Marin (Brazil) face extradition to the United States.

 

"The indictment alleges corruption that is rampant, systemic, and deep-rooted both abroad and here in the United States," U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch said in a statement, quoting ‘well over $150m in bribes and kickbacks’.

 

"It spans at least two generations of soccer officials who, as alleged, have abused their positions of trust to acquire millions of dollars in bribes and kickbacks," she said.

 

The Swiss Federal Office of Justice (FOJ) said it had blocked accounts at several banks in Switzerland through which bribes are claimed to have flowed as well as the seizure of related bank documents.

 

There had been fears that the arrests will compromise the elections which will see incumbent, Sepp Blatter, face Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein. However, Fifa Director of Communications Walter De Gregorio confirmed that the elections will go on as planned while also saying that the federation won't reconsider a re-vote for 2018 or 2022 World Cups as earlier feared.

 

 

Blatter is odds on favorite to defend the seat as he goes for a fifth term in office.

Comment

Pin It

Rafa Benitez has Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling as one of his first transfer targets should he take over at Real Madrid as expected. (Daily Mirror)

 

Woflsburg forward Kevin de Bruyne has ruled out a return to his former club Chelsea, boosting Manchester City’s chances of landing him. (Daily Mirror)

 

Bayern Munich are interested in signing Argentine winger Angel Di Maria from Manchester United but the Old Trafford club are keen to recoup most of the £59.7million they spent on him. (Daily Mirror)

 

Tottenham are ready to bid £12m for Burnley forward Danny Ings, 22, but the England U-21 international has his eyes set on a move to Liverpool. (Sky Sports)

 

Liverpool are keen to sell Italy forward Mario Balotelli despite his agent claiming that he will stay at Anfield. (The Guardian)

 

Carlo Ancelotti is interested in moving back to England with Liverpool his likely destination if the Reds manager Brendan Rodgers is fired (The Sun)

 

Manchester City are ready to break the bank to sign Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba who is valued at £45m and could command another £40m in wages (The Sun)

 

Arsenal are set to renew their interest in Paris Saint Germain midfielder Yohan Cabaye (TalkSport)

 

Liverpool have emerged as favorites to sign Manchester City winger James Milner who the Citizens could use as bait for Raheem Sterling. Everton, Tottenham and Inter Milan are also keen on the England international.

 

Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema, PSG’s Edinson Cavani and Tottenham’s Harry Kane are the three forwards that Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal has shortlisted as he looks to bolster his attack (Daily Star)

Marseille want Chelsea legend Didier Drogba to rejoin them and work both as a player and an adviser (The Sun)

 

Steve McClaren as emerged as the leading candidate for manager-less Sunderland as well as Newcastle United (Daily Telegraph)

 

Relegated Queens Park Rangers may bid £2.5 million for out-of-favor Liverpool forward Rickie Lambert should Charlie Austin leave the club as expected. (London Evening Standard)

Comment