The CAF Confederations Cup Group D fixture pitting Gor Mahia and USM Algers of Algeria will now be played at the Kasarani Stadium. This is after the Confederations of African Football (CAF) gave the nod for Go Mahia to use facility.
The 60,000-seater Stadium that has undergone refurbishment and will be re-opened on Sunday 13th May 2018, three days before the CAF Confederation Cup fixture. It will also be the first time in four years that local football fans will experience an international fixture under floodlights from 7pm.
CAF had given Machakos Stadium a clean bill of health pending finalization of works at Kasarani. Gor Mahia are currently second in group D following their 1-1 away draw with Rayon Sports of Rwanda . USM Algers on the other hand thrashed Yanga of Tanzania 4-0 in the opener played in Algers.
Gor Mahia’s CAF Confederations Cup fixtures:
- 15th May, 2018 : Gor Mahia vs USM Alger
- 17th July, 2018 : Gor Mahia vs Young Africans
- 27th July, 2018 : Young Africans vs Gor Mahia
- 17th Aug, 2018 : Gor Mahia vs Rayon Sports
- 28th Aug, 2018 : USM Alger vs Gor Mahia