By Kevin Otieno
KCB FC made second spot in the National Super League – and the subsequent automatic topflight promotion – theirs to lose after a 2-0 victory away to Coast Stima at the Mbaraki Sports Club this past midweek.
The Bankers, relegated in 2015, put themselves on pole for a return in the Kenyan Premier League with this result meaning they need to only add two points to their current 72 from the remaining two matches to join the already-promoted Western Stima in the draw for the 2019 Kenyan Premier League season.
Left-back Dennis Ng’ang’a was on target once again with Crispinus Onyango netting the other. Their remaining two matches are against FC Talanta on October 7 and Nairobi Stima six days later.
Stima still have hopes of at least clinching a promotion/stay-in-your-league play-off spot after playing out to a 1-1 draw away to Western Stima.
Wesley Kemboi’s 52nd minute effort had Western Stima ahead but their Coast counterparts pulled level via Stephen Owusu 13 minutes to the end.
Coast Stima, who host Nairobi City Stars this Sunday, currently sit in the third spot that guarantees a playoff but are only two points ahead of Ushuru who thumped GFE 105 4-0 at the Sudi Stadium, Maxwell Ravel scoring twice as Bill Oporia and Edwin Mwaura added the extras.
Ushuru are at Nakuru All Stars this Sunday.
Nairobi Stima 1-1Western Stima
Bidco United 0-0 Modern Coast Rangers
FC Talanta 0-0 Administration Police
GFE 105 0-4 Ushuru
Green Commandos 2-1 Kenya Police
St Joseph Youth 6-0 Migori Youth
Coast Stima 0-2 KCB
Nairobi City Stars 2-0 Kisumu All Stars
Kibera Black Stars 2-1 Kangemi All-Stars
- Talanta vs KCB (Camp Toyoyo, 10 am)
- Coast Stima vs City Stars (Mbaraki Sports Club, 12 pm)
- Bidco United vs Migori Youth (Thika Stadium, 12 pm)
- Green Commandos vs Kisumu All Stars (Bukhungu Stadium, 2 pm)
- GFE 105 vs Kangemi All-Stars (Sudi Stadium, 2 pm)
- Nairobi Stima vs Kenya Police (Karuturi Grounds, 2 pm)
- Administration Police vs Modern Coast Rangers (Hope Center, 3 pm)
- Joseph’s Youth vs Kibera Black Stars (Afraha Stadium, 1 pm)
- Nakuru All-Stars vs Ushuru (Afraha Stadium, 3.15 pm)