St Joseph Youth held KCB to a 1-1 in a National Super League match player on Sunday, August 5, 2018, at Camp Toyoyo.
KCB took the lead 26th through Shami Mwinyi. Former Kenya international Moses Arita however, restore parity at the stroke of halftime.
The Bankers dominated proceedings for the better part of the second half in search of a winner despite their numerical disadvantage when Bethuel Warambo was sent off but resolute defending by the guests saw both sides return home with a share of the spoils.
In the second match played at the same venue, Nairobi City Stars edged out Kangemi ALl Stars 2-1. A goal apiece by Stephen Inganji and Peter Wainaina saw City Stars head to the breather leading 2-0. Inganji would score an own goal in the 80th minute to arouse hopes of a comeback but City Stars held on for a second consecutive win.
Western Stima, meanwhile, temporarily leaped to the summit pending Monday’s results. This is following a 3-0 win over struggling GFE 105 at the Moi Stadium in Kisumu. James Ogada, Fredrick Nyarombo, and Johanna Mwita were on target for the Stima.
- Western Stima 3-0 GFE 105 (Moi Stadium Kisumu, 3 pm)
- KCB 1-1 St. Joseph’s Youth (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- Kangemi All-Stars 1-2 Nairobi City Stars (Camp Toyoyo, 4.15 pm)
- Nakuru All-Stars 1-1 Kisumu All Stars (Afraha Stadium, 12 pm)
- Modern Coast Rangers 0-1 Nairobi Stima (Mbaraki Grounds, 1 pm)